Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm a sucker


cred: punkreas
Every time i'm listening to a song and I surf to punkreas, this guy shows up. He's always right on.


Every now and again I talk to some far off friend of mine, and being the music pusher that I am, I feel obligated to share some stuff with them that I figure that they would dig. My most recent trade (20min ago) was with Sabrina, a real character. I gave her some Memory Tapes and she gave me Shadi. Shadi Toloui Wallace has a beautiful voice. Notice that I didn't say sexy because I want to preserve the innocence that is my friend. I haven't listened to the album yet, but if this Strokes cover is any indication of it, I need to get it right now. By the way, shouldn't those guys be making a new album or something? I guess they aren't running out of money yet..

Shadi Toloui-Wallace - You Only Live Once

Oh I can't sit on this one all by myself; it's too catchy.

Memory Tapes - Plain Material

This either. Clicky! Video!
Memory Tapes - Asleep at the Party

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

Such a voice could be sultry or even sexy, but Shadi is pure channeling of spirit- something inspiring. Even in a Stokes cover.

Tim F said...

listen to the New Julian Casablancas song I sent you.

Larry said...

I'm in love with this voice...