Sunday, December 7, 2008

Soulwax Offshoots



Naturally, you should be listening to mixes not only because the DJ is fantastic, but also to garner new tracks. Radio Soulwax has been a fantastic provider of both. I don't know why it took me so long to look these guys up, but maybe it's because I focus my attention too much on people like Vitalic or Disco this and Disco that. The Undertones are the kind of guys where they should play it at Lipgloss in Denver or now, the Hideout dance party in Chicago (or if you remember, Pure Pop for Now People from 2003-2005). They are an Irish group of power pop / punk who apparently have the perfect album according to this guy (whom I should read more of). Here is the track from get your yo yo's that Radio Soulwax uses.

The Undertones - Teenage Kicks

Now, time to get their album... and if you haven't yet, get get your yo yo's out!

No comments: