Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stumbling through rock and roll



This morning a buddy of mine asked how I found a certain link. No idea, only that it probably was a result of looking through ffffound or google images. Thinking about it made me think that I should record internet paths and perhaps retrace steps later on. While looking for Devo's 'Girl You Want' after hearing it at The Gossip show (which was badass by the way even though I got twice-groped) I found this joint and furthermore an excellent resource for classic rock n' roll (NOT classic rock): anything from garage to surf to Chubby Checker-ish, lo-fi, 'The' bands. Examples include:

Devo - Girl U Want
The Elite - One Potato <-- The Jam
The Pleasure Seekers - What a Way to Die
The Rockin' Ramrods - She Lied
Supercharger - Sooprize for Mr. Mineo
Sam Cooke & The Soul Stirrers - I Need you now

So just from that one Mummies post (which I want to believe is a real compilation album) I've been on an old rock n' roll kick right for the past week. I'm going to completely pillage Debbie's stuff.

No comments: