Friday, May 30, 2008

Hotdog

A month or so back, Christi texts me or tells me that she wants to "dance to the rhythm of the hot dog" (rhythm is one of those words that I always need to think twice about typing, you'd think that due to it's lack of vowels that me as a Polak would have no problem). What the hell does that mean? I was out of the loop... until today.

Simian Mobile Disco - Hotdog

Sure I still have no idea what it is, but I'm one sport pepper closer. And to think that this was sitting between the seats in my car for about 2 years? This was/is one of those CD's that I never really dug too much until today when I thought that the CD was Hot Chip (because I thought I was listening to Hot Chip the last time I got in the car). I like Hot Chip, but not so much SMD due to this CD many moon ago. I had a sort of general discrimination against them, but really they are pretty good, especially the second half of the album.

P.S. The track is off of Attack Decay Sustain Release. I instantly thought it was a lame title (another reason for the discrimination) but for those of you that don't know, those 4 little words refer to the waveform that that is created on a keyboard (or perhaps arguably any instrument). For a wikipedia'd explanation, here you go. If you want to try it out easily, go to Guitar Center and try out the Moog Little Phatty. It gives you a good visual-/auralization of what you're doing.

No comments: