Friday, January 1, 2010

Winter Chill


I've been on a hiatus. I've started so many posts that I haven't had the 'proper time' to finish; I am the king of good ideas and unfinished projects. Most recently the Christmas cards (yeah I know, cute) that my roommate finished designing, writing the innards, and putting address labels on around week 1 of December I'm almost done with finally putting my 2¢ of text in. That's really what's eaten up most of my time in the past 2 weeks when looking for something to do with my vacation, which has been anything but relaxing... just the way I like it. But amongst the procrastination, I still managed to pile up a healthy heap of harvested tracks. In the spirit of the Chicago cold causing my lengthy lethargy, queue the Winter Mixtape.

Mayer Hawthorne - Green Eyed Love (Classixx Remix)
Memory Tapes - Bicycle
Fever Ray - Keep The Streets Empty For Me
Ohbijou - Last Christmas
Regina Spektor - Blue Lips
The XX - Fantasy

I always forget that I like Regina Spektor. File her under heart-caressing vocalists swimming in sweetness. These are meant to be listened to under the comforter at 5pm when it's dark out, or in Chicago's case, when there hasn't been any sunshine for a couple of days and you're finishing that raspberry preserve open-faced sandwich while sipping on left over mulled wine from last night's party dinner party.

1 comment:

Larry Nguyen said...

I knew you'd already caught on to Mayer Hawthorne...his vocals are kind of weak, but production is amazing...