Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lips at Logan Square again

I wasn't going to go to the show until Tim convinced me to head out to it after an internal struggle of picking these guys over Cut Off Your Hands since I saw them the day before. Luckily for me, COYH played later and I got to see both shows.

They finally get on stage and the lights still haven't come on yet. People are losing it in front of me, where I am the line of demarcation for slam dancing. Stage lights up and the first thing I see is this guy with his fantastic grill the price is right shining disco lights. cred.

Tim pointed out to me that we've been to three Black Lips shows at the Logan Auditorium so far and asks "Why don't they play the Metro or something?" They're big enough, their shows are high energy, and they've been coming to Chicago how many years now? I don't know what's the last show I've seen at the Metro with a mosh pit, but I'm pretty sure that has a big part to do with it since stage security at the Logan is lax.

Black Lips - O Katrina

Black Lips - Short Fuse

After returning from the show, I had to play this guy:

The Stooges - I Wanna Be Your Dog

MM! Money.

No comments: