Friday, November 13, 2009

Cute Jams

I get the feeling this blog is very male-centric, which I'm ok with naturally. Not that these are necessarily for the babes, but I think they have more feminine appeal than say... Soulwax? Give them a listen.

Devendra Banhart - Baby
Fats Waller - The Spider and the Fly
Girls - Laura
Candi Station - Stand By Your Man

I think it's important that you tell people where you found specific items in hope that they will utilize those sources for their future music pursuits. No idea about Devendra, but Fats Waller I was looking for Ain't Misbehavin' on hypemachine and came upon this, Girls I found from my friend's now-retired radio show on cfuv, and Stand By Your Man I was reminded from from the always awesome Alanna. Granted you are probably not going to be able to pillage from Alanna, but it is all the more reason to seek her out and extract what you can of her music and film knowledge.

No comments: