Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Chicago

I saw on my clock that it's Friday right now, but it's only just after midnight -- not before. I was worried that I was going to miss LA Riots and my Darkwave Disco dudes at Smartbar. This weekend has quite the compressed schedule into a couple of days. Just a quick calendar rundown now:

Right now I'm missing New Wave night at Neo. All my buddies are tryptophaned out.

Friday
10pm - My friend Mike Biederman is playing at Uncommon Ground.
10pm - NOMO at Schuba's
11pm - LA Riots and Darkwave Disco DJ's at Smartbar.

Saturday
8:30pm - Salt n' Pepa revival at Dragonlady Lounge featuring Rose Perez!
11pm - Life During Wartime at Hideout with Bald Eagle and Mother Hubbard
12am - Dim Mak dance party at Empty Bottle with Steve Aoki, Million $ Mano, Willy Joy, Moneypenny
12am - Nitzer Ebb at Double Door?? Wow.
2am - Neo.

Note that you can also see most of these on the right column. I don't know if anybody ever uses it (as no one ever comments) but chances are that I'll be attempting to show up to them. Be busy, folks!

In the meantime, check out the video. It's a little fetishy, so be forewarned.


Here are some jams to hold you over. I rediscovered a great site called NightMagnets by finding this post. Download everything off of it. (Read it too). Here's a smattering:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll (James Iha mix)
Empire of the Sun - Standing on the Shore (Cassian Remix)
Datarock - The Pretender (Holy Ghost Remix Radio Edit)

All these foot-stompers should be on a Moneypenny mixtape. Not that I'm keeping my nose up because those pair are really good DJ's, but they should dabble in tunes that aren't just last month's hipster essentials. That was kind of mean; I should take that back... later.

No comments: