Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sweat Rag



It was this day last year that I started writing this post about a mix album with this man with a mane inside that I got back then. I immediately ripped it and lent it out to my cousin who kept it ransom for about 6 months. That's ok. That's ok.... and then I finally got it back and realized what a fantastic mix it was. Wow. I say that I'm starting in general to grown out of the whole uber-dancy genre, but I think that its just that it's retreated into the closet now since at clubs it's getting stale (think Soundbar and Vision, not to be confused with:

David Bowie - Sound and Vision (David Richards Remix 1991)

Back to the point, so I got my D is for Disco, E is for Dancing in the mail, complete with an Aussie perspiration cloth. It is some kind of wonderful. Dare I use the dreaded Nu-Rave to describe it? Plenty of pulsing distortion keys to propel your hips in their natural direction. On disc 2 (the E-disc), it is a jam without fail. Don't believe me? You really have no reason to but just in case:

5. DJ C - Juce (feat: Jorge Stylo)
6. Brodinski - Bad Runner (Crookers Gone Electro Remix)
7. Underworld - Ring Road (Fake Blood Remix)
8. M.I.A. - Jimmy
9. Digitalism - The Pulse (Derdiedas Remix)
10. Shit Disco - I Know Kung Fu (Dabid Rubato Remix)
11. Beni - My Love Sees You

Eines Snippette des Jams

Yeah yeah, some of the songs are a little stale but you really can't blame my laziness in writing this post can you? Don't answer that.

No comments: