Sunday, May 10, 2009

Do bloggers dream of electric blogging?


(best camera phone shot)

It's really sad actually. I'm sitting here in my underwear reliving my night of excellence and recounting how I needed to blog in the midst of what I wanted to blog about. The evening's purveyor was Diplo. Oh wow. He played a ridiculous amount of baile funk, Mad Descent stuff, M.I.A., and then this pair one after another with some loops/effects on them to make them a bit more Smartbar worthy.

Dick Dale and the Deltones - Miserlou

The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird

Damn. So tight. Listening to that right now makes me want to just have at it on my rug here. MM mmmhm. After gyrating through the crowd just to try an get an underexposed shot of Diplo, and repeated comings and goings of alcoholic beverages (cherry vodka, water, cherry) I couldn't take it anymore and had to leave. Too many couples. That and I lost my buddy Christopher whom I then spoke with 5min later as he was leaving Smartbar as I was in a cab. Oh well. Alles gute. Bottom line, if you have the chance to see Diplo in your town, wear something that you know you don't care getting sweaty in and run for it. After pushing through the line outside Smartbar "Hey where do you think you're going??" "Hard tickets, bitches." it was fantastic.

No comments: